The congregation at First Church stretches back to 1743 when the first meetinghouse was built to fulfill the terms of the act of incorporation for Leominster to become a settled village. The congregation declared itself Unitarian in 1825 and continues to follow the principles of Unitarian Universalism to this day.
This fourth building dates back to 1904 and was built to replace the third meetinghouse which burned to the ground in January 1903. The granite walls and lighted stained glass window facing West St. make it one of the most easily recognized buildings in Leominster.
The church has modern amenities including handicapped access to all levels, headsets for the hearing impaired, and a sound system. We have a spacious chapel with 3 original stained glass windows, an organ and a piano. Downstairs there is a full kitchen, stage, and ample room for gatherings.
The building is available for rent for weddings and other events.Please contact the church for availability.
Church Address 15 West Street, Leominster MA 01453 Phone: 978-537-0310 email:firstname.lastname@example.org